Many e-mail and Internet companies are now using programs to block unwanted e-mail, often called spam. Sometimes, however, these programs block e-mail you want to get.
Of course, every e-mail system is different. Below are instructions for some of the more popular ones.
- In your inbox, locate an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (ex. your welcome mail for the product you just purchased).
- Drag this email to the Primary tab of your inbox.
You’ll see that our emails will go to your primary folder in the future!
- When opening an email message, click on the Sender’s Name, then mouse over the “…” icon and select Add to contacts on the pop-up. Click Save
- Select Mail and Preferences from the top menu.
- In the Preferences window, click the Rules icon. Click the Add Rule button.
- In the Rules window, type a name for your rule in the Description field. Use the following settings: If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains. Type the sender’s email address in the text field beside Contains.
- Select Move Message and Inbox from the drop-down menus. Click Ok to save the rule.
Outlook 2013 and later
- Right-click on the message in your inbox.
- Select Junk E-mail from the menu.
- Click Add Sender to Safe Senders List.