Transfer WordPress Staging Site to its New Home Location
This tutorial will assist you to overwrite an existing website with your newly created WordPress Staging site. These instructions are particular to installing the site into the primary domain of your hosting account.
- Cleanup the receiving location (public_html directory) by deleting any old files or uninstalling any existing installations.
- You can make a full cpanel backup. Download this backup to your local machine in case of errors – this will enable the old site to be restored.
- Be sure not to touch any subfolder that contains the files for any addon domain(s)
- To transfer the staging site to its home location, we use Clone feature of Softaculous
- Go to cPanel > Softaculous Apps Installer and click the WordPress icon
- For security purposes, backup the WordPress Installation(s) first.
- Scroll down to Current Installations section and backup the new site by clicking the backup icon (under Options Heading) and follow the backup steps.
- After backup, go the Current Installation section, and click the Clone icon (under Options Heading)
- On Cloning WordPress page, enter the required details there and when you have completed this click Clone Installation button
- Leave In Directory field blank so that the site is installed directly on primary domain of your hosting account.
- Review all pages of the site on the new location as there may be broken links and images caused by the transfer.