How to clear email account that has overfilled
– using webmail client Horde
- URL is http://mail.yourdomainname.ccc/webmail>
Notes: Substitute your own domain name for ‘yourdomainname.ccc’. Remember the server is case sensitive – ie use all lower case.
- Username and passwordare: Your full email address and the email’s associated password.Password Security
A note about passwords
When it comes to passwords, they can only protect your website when they are strong. This means that passwords must adhere to the following criteria.
1. Use twelve digit alpha-numeric combinations- something like: JK,y=y u%TyG3 or similar non-words. Absolutely NEVER use the above “example” password. Update your password in all “Applications” includes and is not limited to:
- email accounts
- any CMS applications you are using like WordPress, Joomla or Soholaunch etc
- Your sub-user accounts in any CMS you have installed and who have password access should also be updated.
2. Have a different and unique password for each application as when hackers can crack one –all other logins with same or even similar passwords will be vulnerable
3. For security everyone is reminded to be careful about who they share their passwords with and how they share the passwords. Using a password in email is NOT at all recommended. Whenever sending a password via email, consider transmitting it as an image instead of via text.
4. Regularly Changed. By periodically updating your passwords, you lessen the chance that a leaked password can be used to gain access to your website.
- Log in to your webmail client HORDE to review the contents of your mail box.
- When in Horde click on Cog symbol > Dropdown to Preferences > Dropdown to Mail
- Click on ‘Mailbox Display Options’
- Enter the number 999 into the box below “Messages per page in the mailbox view.”
- You will now see that each page has 999 messages displayed. (Note you can upsize or downsize the number of messages to display as appropriate for your use). SAVE and return to Home Screen > Mail.
- To delete the page of messages. Go to ‘Select’ Check Box and click to “Select ALL’
- Go to ‘Trash Can’ > ‘Delete’ This will place all selected messages into the Deleted Messages Folder
- The final step is to empty the deleted mail off the server. On the Right Hand side of the screen find the “Other” dropdown : menu and ‘purge deleted’ and when you click on this, the 999 mail messages are completely deleted off the server.
- Continue in this fashion until you have cleared all the pages.